Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blog 3

After calculating my global footprint, I came out with 6.2 Earths! Most of my footprint is made by mobility, food and shelter were about the same, and supposedly I need 27.7 acres of land, which is 31.7 tons of CO2.
When I think of footprint I think of the mark I left behind. Whether it be globally or in any sense. I think of evidence that I made and that makes a difference to something in some way. My global footprint though, seems like a big difference that I've made to the Earth and now it's left behind. One area I might be able to reduce would be my mobility. I try not to unnecessarily drive places where I could normally pass up on, but mobility was the largest in the pie chart. It will definitely be a hard thing to do for a week, but it could work for that short period of time.

2 comments:

  1. Resisting driving will help the environment yes, but you will also save on gas and that's definitely a plus!

    ReplyDelete